Limited Lifetime Warranty
Luma Exterior Doors warrants that our door systems will be free of defects in workmanship and or materials used, provided that the door system has been used under normal residential use for a period of ten (10) years from date of purchase.
Luma Exterior Doors will at its sole discretion or option, repair or replace a door in case such door warps, rusts, or delaminates in normal residential use on all Polytech 24 gauge steel doors for a period of ten (10) years from date of purchase.
Luma Doors will at its sole discretion or option, repair or replace a door that is defective within the meaning of this guarantee. Any claims for rehanging, refinishing, or other expenses will not be allowed.
Thickness, width, and height tolerances from nominal sizes shall not exceed 1/16” plus or minus.
For doors 3’0” x 6’8” or smaller, deformation (bow, cup, twist, warp) shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds ¼” in the plane of the doors itself (doors larger than 7’0” height warp not to exceed 3/8”) when measured as specified in Clause 184.108.40.206 C.S.A Standard 0132.2-1972.
All painted door systems are warranted under normal conditions for a period of ten (10) years against weathering, specifically “peeling, cracking or blistering from/on the applied surface and significant ultraviolet discoloration” (greater than 6 Delta E units) cased by natural environmental atmospheric conditions.
The terms of this warranty extend from the first date of purchase by the user for limited lifetime warranty. This warranty is transferable with original proof of purchase and only applies to residential construction and /or renovations.
If a warranted product is no longer available, the manufacturer, at its absolute discretion, may replace the warranted product with a substituted item which would be as close as possible in dimension/function and colour. The manufacturer however, cannot guarantee that the replacement item will be exactly the same in all aspects when compared with the original item.
- Improper installation or service of the doors and related accessories
- Wear and tear suffered through normal use (including scratches and cuts) or damage caused by impacts of accidents
- Damage from improper care and maintenance. Proper care and maintenance is the responsibility solely of the homeowner.
- Discolouration or damage caused by exposure to intensive or excessive light including ultra violet light, moisture or heat
- Alterations, modifications or use of the warranted products which is beyond or inconsistent with the supplied product instructions and which has not been authorized by Luma.
- Condensation or excessive ice build up. Condensation that may occur dues to excess level of humidity within the building. Floor vents must be properly located.
- Any miscellaneous items added or affixes to the door such as wreaths, door knockers, door numbers, peepholes or any decorative items which may cause scratching to the finished surface or damage to the door will Void all warranties.
- Pressure washing doors will Void warranty
- Economic loss
- Any door system with a storm door installed will void all warranties, due to excessive heat build up.
- All warranties will be Void if Fiberglass door systems do not have a multi-point locking system.
- Acceptable variance in the staining process for fiberglass doors systems may not be exactly as per brochure colour shown.
- Problems due to misuse or abuse, failure to follow proper maintenance (ex: harmful solvents or cleaning solutions) as a result of any cause beyond our control (ex: fire, flood, earthquakes) or other acts of nature and acts of 3rd party.
- Any door which has been repaired or modified or attempted to have been repaired or modified by any person other than an authorized representative of Luma Doors
How to make a warranty claim?
Proof of purchase must be supplied. Proof of home ownership and date of product purchase must also be supplied upon a warranty claim submission.
Attention: Upon receiving your notification, we will send out an acknowledgement within 24 hours to the contact to which you have provided. We will investigate your claim and begin to take action within 45 days after receipt of notification. If the investigation reveals that this warranty does not apply, then the warranty claim will become null and void.